Alle priser er excl. moms
Summa S-Class2 120D Drag Knife
Summa S-Class2 120D Drag Knife
Incl. understel og kurv USB & LAN
OPOS X and sheet cut-off system
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE SUMMA
VINYL AND CONTOUR ROLL CUTTERS
1. True Tangential Technology
Summa offers a True Tangential cutting head, enabling to cut materials quickly and concisely up to
47 mils thick.
A True Tangential head has a motor, controlling the direction of the blade at all times, enabling to cut thick
and hard substrates with unsurpassed high detail and quality.
• All other cutters in the market use drag (swivel) cutting heads and an improved process called “Tangential emulation”.
Tangential emulation tries to simulate this control but does not have any motorized control over the blade. Consequently, tangential emulation will never provide for the same accuracy than if you were to use a cutter with a True Tangential cutting head.
• Video available on www.summa.eu/video/tangential
2. Repeatability Guaranteed
‘Repeatability’ is a term, which refers to how accurately the cutter keeps cutting whilst media is
• The repeatability guaranteed on the SummaCut line of cutters is 26ft; on the S Class 2 line this
would be 40ft.
The closest competitor in the market only guarantees 6.5ft, which is quite a difference.
• It is important the cutter is able to process the appropriate dimensions accurately at all times,
which can be guaranteed with Summa’s repeatability feature.
Note: All cutters are measured on a spec called ‘tracking’. However, ‘tracking’ only defines how accurately
the transport of the media occurs.
This could be misleading because it doesn’t specifically refer to the movement of media whilst cutting.
3. Barcode Feature
Unique to Summa is the ability to read barcodes with the onboard sensor.
• The barcode will automatically communicate with the software to retrieve the necessary cut data
and initiate the cutting.
After finishing the job, the cutter will automatically search for the next barcode and repeat the process.
This allows for an entire roll of printed graphics to be cut without user intervention.
Maximal automation and productivity are yours to enjoy!
4. OPOS Sensor
Summa uses a “white light technology” to recognize registration marks and barcodes.
• The Summa OPOS (white light) sensor is able to detect registration marks on all UV protection films.
Other cutters in the market are still using the old IR (Infra-Red) light. However, all laminates have built-in UV inhibitors nowadays.
When using these old IR sensors, the cutter will encounter difficulty to recognize (be able to find) the regmarks because the UV light
is being filtered by the UV protected laminate.
• The OPOS sensor is also capable of registering other colours beyond black on white (dark, blue, grey, etc..).
5. Unique Summa Line: S Class 2 OPOS CAM Series
Summa offers the possibility to have a camera – OPOS CAM – mounted on the cutter instead of a light sensor.
The main advantage here is speed.
The OPOS CAM system can register marks 10 x faster than any light sensor.
This is a considerable increase in productivity, especially when processing entire rolls.
• Another advantage is the ability to create a “camera profile” for every challenging media type (ie. reflectives). This profile will enable the cutter to register marks on any substrate because the profile can be created specifically to the media type.